The Van

Saturday 10 December 2011

Sliding door window fitting.

Bought the window for the sliding door this week.It came from Magnum motorhomes.Arrived next day and I got 5% discount with my SBMCC membership . I used the same process as the sliding window on the opposite side. The template was already made and the cutting of the hole went very smoothly.After making the wooden inner frame and offering it up, the upper and lower part of the frame needed notching out. This is because there is a bracing strut that sticks out and a 900 x 500 window is the biggest size that you can fit to this vans sliding door recess. I decided to use my router to notch out the batten, but after plugging in, it didn't work . So had to use my cordless trim saw.the frame was then glued into position and the window screwed in a couple of hours later.I'm really pleased with the end result. It's top hung as the Hob is going to be next to it, so the window cab be open in the wet. This keeps rain out and also let's cooking smells out simples .

2 comments:

  1. good work so far. i'll follow this build to the end. good info for me when i get to do my conversion in a few years time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consult the professional for any type of installation or repair work of door and windows. They are expert in different type of installations, work very easily in shortest possible time.

    Doors Windows Toronto

    ReplyDelete